Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lace Wedding Invitations

It's been while that I don't post any images of my recent work, so I thought I'd share my latest design created for a local client here in Palm Springs, California.

Nicole is a modern-day girl with much appreciation for the classic look of the 60's, which is what she based her color scheme on.

Lucky for me, I didn't have to go too far to find the right papers. I just opened my handy dandy Envelopments swatch book and within minutes we found the pearlized pink, antique white, and charcoal grey colored card stocks that matched her fabric swatches perfectly. We were immediately heading in the right direction. During the consultation she also mentioned she was using lace to accent her wedding cake and decorate her tables.

As it turns out, Envelopments released a new set of patterns in 2008, and I found one that added a great focal point to the invitation. I used a pattern called Reggalia. It is pre-printed on antique white shimmer paper. I layered it under the invitation to resemble a unique and beautiful lace pattern.

I then incorporated a touch of the real thing by wrapping the RSPV card and inserts with lace ribbon. This worked out beautifully! I allowed the lace to peek out of the pocket so that it can be seen when looking at the front of the invitation. This little detail tells guests there's more on the back. Once they turn the invitation over, they pull on the lace to easily access the inserts.

I am proud to say that Nicole and Matt where extremely happy with their invitations...and that just puts a huge smile on my face! =D

No comments: