Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday Hues: Refreshing Summer Palette

A while back I had started posted a series of color inspiration posts. Then the deadlines started pouring-in and blogging was put on the back burner for a while. Today, I'd like to bring back my color inspirations posts with a title, from now on to be know as the "Monday Hues". Some people have the Monday Blues, but not here baby, we've got the Monday Hues. So, on Monday mornings when you're having a hard time adjusting to being back at the office, or you just need a little inspiration to get you motivated, come on over to my blog for a little color pick-me-up.
Today's Monday Hues were taken out of this lovely image by Etsy seller KnockKnocking. They have some amazing wreath creations over in the shop, each one with a rich color palette of it's own. I picked this design for it's cool summer colors. Just looking at it reminded me of the sweetness of citrus and a cool ocean breeze. Today's the first day of summer by the way, so the palette ties in nicely.
So, if you're planning a summer soirée, may I suggest a color palette of powder blue, sun kissed yellow, sea foam green and eggshell white.

No comments: