Thursday, April 15, 2010

Homemade Easter Egg Dye

I'm a little late with my Easter posting, but I must be grateful for the work I have, even if it has kept me from blogging. =)

This past Easter, both my sister and I waited till the last minute to plan our Easter gathering. By the time we got the store to buy some goodies, we found ourselves surrounded by empty shelves. Our only solution was to make homemade egg dye for the kids, and we couldn't have been happier with the results!

To make it, we just mixed the following ingredients in a cup:
1 cup of water
1 teaspoon of white vinegar
1 teaspoon of food coloring

First we used regular crayons to draw our designs on the eggs and then dipped them in the dye to finish the job. They turned out sooo cute! My favorite is the intergalactic egg my sister created, shown at the bottom left. I almost snagged it from her for my husband!

We then took the kids to gramma Josefina's house, hid the eggs and candy and had another evening filled with family, candy and fun. Hope you all had a wonderful Easter as well. If you experienced any egg dye disasters, keep this recipe in mind for next year. You'll love it!

No comments: