Monday, July 20, 2009

Eco-Friendly Flying Pig Wedding Invitation

I got an e-mail from Jennifer over the weekend letting me know her invitations arrived safely in Pennsylvania this past Saturday - yay!

I had been printing/assembling them all day Wednesday and Thursday afternoon, which is when I took the photos below. I meant to write about them last week showing what was currently on my production table. I didn't have a chance to post the images then, but it's never too late to share.
Jennifer originally contacted me asking about the DIY invitation option I offer through my website, where I create the digital files and e-mail them to the client to print in the comfort of their own home. She mentioned her wedding would take place on the beach, so I suggested using paper stocks in colors that would reflect her setting.

After a few e-mails back and forth, she and Tom decided they wanted me to print and assemble their invitations and requested that I used recycled paper for all of their wedding stationery. I was delighted to hear this, as caring for the environment is one of my biggest concerns.

Her invitations and inserts were printed on 100% card stock. The shades we used for her ensemble brought a lot of depth to the design because each element was printed on a different color stock. The invitation, shown below, was printed on ivory stock with a blue card stock backing. The ivory stock, also used to print the reception inserts, matched the color of her wedding dress, while the blue was meant to symbolize the blue ocean. Their RSVP post cards were printed on speckled kakhi card stock, which resembled sand and the invitations were mailed in solid khaki envelopes, shown on the top right corner of the photo above.

For their thank you cards, they opted to use plain ivory card stock with their names printed in blue ink, and we used blue envelopes in the same shade as the card stock backing of their wedding invitations. To continue with the flying pig theme, Jennifer purchased this matching custom postage design available through my website.

More photos of the entire ensemble coming soon!

1 comment:

Dallas Shaw said...

this looks interesting, going to check it out

dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com