Brides may need to be more budget conscious these days, and I'm happy to say that when it comes to your Save the Dates, there are a few low cost alternatives you can take before nixing this piece from your wedding stationery.
Below is a list I have put together with a few creative suggestions that will allow you to save money as you notify your guests to save the date:
- Buy less and send them only to your out of town guests.
- Go small and save a tree while you're at it!
By selecting a smaller sized card such as a 3.5x5 note card or business card size for your Save The Dates, you'll save on printing and paper, and you'll help protect the environment by creating less waste.
- Use post cards featuring a photo or a wedding logo on the cover, details and a hand-written note on the back. You will save money on printing and postage.
- Use custom maps as your save the dates.
If you know the location of your wedding ceremony and reception months in advance, hire a designer (ahem...Dio Selina Custom Designs) to create a custom map illustrating the location(s) and other points of interest. This will save you the cost of printing an extra map insert for your invitations and will allow your out-of-town guests to Save the Date and do some research ahead of time.
- Invest in a wedding logo and have a few hundred note cards featuring your logo and nothing else. Use some of these branded note cards to hand write your Save the Dates and use the remaining note cards as Thank You Cards for after the wedding. Remember, when it comes to printing, the more you buy in one print run the more you save!
- If you go with the note card option mentioned above, you can always purchase custom "Save The Date" postage, so that your guests receive the news before they even open your envelope and read your heartfelt handwritten note.
Whichever route you wish to take, I am here to help you with all your stationery needs.