Saturday, July 7, 2007

Ah yes, the enV™

You know, I had the same cute little flip phone for the last 4 years. I actually liked it, but you know that in cell phone years, it was like 200 years old. I liked it, but I was starting to feel "uncool." No built-in camera, no video recorder, no fun. Strictly for calls and some text messaging.
I had been wanting to purchase a Palm® Treo™ for a while now. They're like a little portable PC - perfect for my business, since I work with clients nationwide, e-mail is how I manage to stay in constant communication with everyone. These phones offer the convenience of being able to "work" on the raod, in between appointments without having to carry a lap top around. But there was one thing holding me back from purchasing one of the blackberry or Treo phones. The truth is, I'm a designer and the grey and black colors just didn't do it for me. I'm also not very fond of their blocky shapes. I kept hoping they'd soon come out with a smaller version of the phone in several color variations, such as red or plum. But the wait was becoming more and more excruciating each day. My little girl keeps growing up, and my digital camera is too big to carry around in my purse. I really did need a camera phone to help me capture all the beautifull moments that will soon be a thing of the past!
Not only that, but a few weeks back I was working on an invitation project which required that I drew a few calla lilies. I looked on-line, I went to Michael's (my local arts and crafts store) and Aaron Brothers (art supplies and framing) in search of inspiration. I found the perfect image, the one that inspired me, the one I could reference when doing my own drawing. But it was too expensive to buy! I stared at it, wishing I had a photographic memory-a quick snap shot was all I needed, but I didn't have that luxury.
Well, now I do! It all happened a couple of days ago when I borrowed my sister's phone to send my husband a quick text message. She had recently purchased the enV™ as a replacement to the Chocolate™ model she owned for a few months. As soon as I touched it, I was in love! Text messaging is so easy on the qwerty keyboard - it's unbelieveable! I was done in seconds. I also love the color! Shades of orange, pink and red are all my favorite "color" so this little gadget had "Dio" written all over it! I purchaed my own enV™ wireless that same day! The only thing I don't like is the size. My old flip phone was half the size and fit everywhere. This one's quite big and bulky, but it's easier to find when misplaced.
So, my dear friends, you all know I work very non-traditional office hours. I work graveyard shift, sleep mornings/days, and in the envenings I'm constantly out in the field meeting clients or vendors, etc. It may become difficult to reach me by phone sometimes, and if that's the case, please don't hesitate to send me an e-mail or text message, where I can quickly reply in between appointments.
Thank you Verizon, thank you for making my life easier with your enV™.

No comments: