Monday, March 2, 2015

I'm back and I'm covered in color!

One thing I've learned is that if there is one thing that is constant, it is change! Yep. In the fall of 2010 I closed the doors to my invitations design studio and went back to the corporate world. I often thought about deleting this blog, but due to the traffic still coming through, I left it up thinking the old content would probably still inspire visitors one way or another.

Currently, my life is a constant juggling act, with the biggest chunk of my day spent at my 9-5 job, my daily half hour commute in each direction, grocery shopping, taking my daughter to her Tae Kwon Do practice, walking the dog, and cooking for my family. The word busy doesn't even begin to describe my days.

Despite my busy schedule, I always carve out a few minutes of "me" time for the sake of my sanity and that of my family. I doodle a lot, sometimes during my breaks at work or right before bedtime. There is one creative aspect I miss though, and that is writing, sharing and documenting things that I find inspiring and projects I am working on that I hope others will find inspiration from.

One thing I really miss are the "Monday Hues" I started back in the summer of 2010. I would post color inspirations early Monday mornings to get you through the Monday blues and change those pouty faces into smiles by greeting you with a bit of color inspiration.

If I have no time to write about anything else from here on, I hope to at least be able to keep this category of my blog fresh with weekly posts. One thing I'll do different this time around, is that instead of browsing the internet for images, I will pull colors and post from my own photo galleries. Because inspiration is all around us, in our daily lives. We just need to look.

Today's Monday Hues are taken from last year's 5k Color Run at Indio Polo Grounds, on February 2014. That's me in the bunny ears and my two sisters to the right. It was a BLAST! I had a great time and was especially proud of my sister (in the orange shorts) who participated while she was close to 7 months pregnant. I would have totally ran again this year, but unfortunately, I'm allergic to pollen and dust. Yep, the next day after the run, I thought my sinuses were going to explode and I wanted to die just to ease the pain. Things start blooming around the desert this time of year (February, March) and sinus infections abound for the locals once the winds pick up. Combine that with a bunch of colorful dust thrown at you and you've got yourself 3 days of sinus pains and headaches.
I haven't given up hope though. I might try it again sometime in another city that is not as dry as it is here, and I will try wearing a dust mask. I'll let you know how that goes, when I do...if I live to tell - ha!

Happy Monday, y'all!

No comments: