Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Purple Has its Charm

Being a Latina, when I hear someone has chosen purple as their wedding color, I immediately get images in my head of all the QuinceaƱeras I've been to in the past (that's the Latina version of a Sweet 16, celebrated at age 15) where it seemed like the actual color purple exploded upon the world. Some were done in good taste, but others were overdone to the point where everything was purple making the event look too dark, and I'm more of a bright and cheery kind of girl.

Now thanks to the web and all those amazing blogs out there, I've been seeing more and more of what I like to call "booster shots" where I find lovely images of beautifully coordinated tablescapes and wedding decor. These shots "boost" my enthusiasm for all things purple and serve as the antidote I needed to cherish and appreciate the color's charm.

Oh, and I'm a sucker for wedding day footsie shots too!

Click on the pictures to view more images of this Frank Sinatra Palm Springs Estate wedding, shot by Christine Arnold.

No comments: