Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ciao, Mi Bella Italia

I watched Letters to Juliet with my daughter earlier in the week and it rekindled my love for a country I haven't been to yet. Not in this lifetime anyway. Oh, my Italy. I love everything about you...the food, the scenery, the language. I understand it rather well, which is why I enjoy watching movies and shows where the language is spoken, even if it's just a few words here and there. It could be that it's very similar to Spanish (my first language), or it could be that I remember more than I think I do from the one year of Italian that I took in high school and a second year in college. Regardless, I really really enjoyed the movie even though it was a little slow for my daughter, but she didn't mind. She enjoyed playing with my phone while I sighed and gasped at the photography in the film, as it strengthened the promise I made myself long ago. Mi bella Italia, I shall be with you one day.

Photo via Marite2007

No comments: