Friday, June 25, 2010

Wedding Cupcakes

Back when I got married, almost 8 blissful years ago, I would have never thought about serving wedding cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake. I would have worried that they would look too childish, or that I would miss out on the iconic cake-cutting picture.
Today, that's a different story. If I could rewind and go back in time #1, I would totally ditch the baker that gave me an orange wedding cake instead of the ivory cake I had requested. Seriously. I had people ask me "So what's with the orange cake?" #2, I would go for the cupcakes! They're so cute and so not childish if you ditch the colorful sprinkles.
As far as the pictures, you can always include a small cake in your display for you to cut together and get those bride and groom cake-cutting pictures that are meant to be in every wedding album. At least that's your momma thinks, right? Mine does. I think. She never says anything, so I don't really know what she thinks, but you know what I mean.
The cupcake tower shown on the left is very pretty indeed, but I'd be afraid of kids running away with the cupcakes before the reception even starts. Instead, I would probably opt for a smaller display such as the one shown on the right, and I would ask the caterer to keep the rest of them in the kitchen for distribution shortly after dinner, or I would put them in a favor box to create a tasty wedding cake/party favor to-go. Yup, that's what I would do.

No comments: