Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Limited Edition Flower Hair Clip - Now on sale!

You know, they say necessity is the mother of invention and I truly believe it's true! I wanted to make my sister's birthday present this year, I know she needs business cards but that would be too easy. Think Dio, think...what can you make that she'll love? I know she loves purses and accessories but I don't have a sewing machine and I am not about to hand-stitch a purse. So I came into my studio and pulled out a variety of materials that inspired me. I was determined to use up the materials I have had on the shelves for years, which brought me to my stash of beads. I have been on a roll crafting and creating so many goodies during the last week, that it's becoming more and more difficult to choose which items I want to give her, which ones I want to keep, and which ones I want to post for sale at my Etsy shop.

This flower hair clip is one of my favorite creations so far! It's also a limited edition. I made it from one of my daughter's lightly worn dresses, after it was washed of course. I think I can get about 10 more flowers out of that dress, but they'll have different color beads in the center. Plus I'm keeping a couple of course, so if you like the one shown above, you may want to stop by my Etsy shop now before someone else snatches it!

No comments: