Friday, January 23, 2009

The Strawberry Batida

While in search of a fun and fruity beverage that I could prepare for my sister tomorrow to get her in a "happier" birthday mood, I found a recipe for a blended and creamy Brazilian drink which has appararently become a hit in LA and Miami.

It's called the Strawberry Batida.

What first caught my attention was it's color - Pink! Oh yes, pink is still so "in" these days, so if any of you are looking for a pink & fruity beverage to color-coordinate and refresh your guests during your spring or summer celebration, try it out! I haven't tried it yet, but when I do, I'll let you know what I think about it.

Here's what you need:
  • 1 cup of strawberry pulp (frozen or fresh mashed strawberries)
  • 3 tablespoons of condensed milk
  • 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
  • 4 ounces of cachaca or vodka
Just blend over ice and serve. Yields 4.

Recipe and photo from CocktailAtlas.com

No comments: