Saturday, August 4, 2007

We're on a Mission

Things seem to slow down for everyone during the month August. My mother and sisters all work for the Palm Springs Unified School District, and school's out for the summer (at their schools at least), and well...August is also my slowest month of the year, so I had a chance join them on a little trip that my mom organized to the Mission at San Juan Capistrano. Unfortunately, my husband had to work Friday evening, so he stayed home, but I took many cool pictures to share with him...and you =)

Courtyard view.

Lots of beautiful flowers and religious images.


Me, my daughter Andria, nephew Damian, sister Melina, and sister Cynthia. Melina is going through the credential program to become a grade school teacher and Cynthia will be transferring to Northridge next year to become a Sign Language teacher. Andria and Damian mean trouble! Hee, hee. (I'll delete this before they're old enough to read)


Bed and stove of the 1800's.

Cynthia, Andria and my crazy brother Erik.

Mom, Erik & Cynthia resting in the corridor; to the right is what appears to be a GIANT gold fish swimming inside a gorgeous waterfountain located near the entrance.

We had a great time! I would love to go back and attend some of the envents listed on their website, such as concerts, arts and crafts for children, art exhibits and the mariachi festival.

No comments: