Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wedding Cake Con Papel Picado

Awesome! I get to practice my Spanglish with today's blog post. I just wanted to share this beautiful wedding cake by Melody of My Sweet and Saucy. The design was inspired by the couple's wedding invitation which featured a "Papel Picado" element. Papel Picado are little flags, like bunting, that are most popular around Cinco de Mayo. They are colorful and feature many cool designs...kind of like paper snow flakes.

Here's a close up of the cake. I love how how the magenta flower just pops against the white cake. The wedding featured a rich color palette of plums and fusia. Hmmm...I wonder if they had a mariachi??? To view more of this Spanish-style wedding, visita el blog de My Sweet and Saucy. There's lots more to see along with a list of the fabulous ladies that put together this magical event. ~ I wish I would have known them 8 years ago when I was planning my own Spanish-style wedding.

No comments: